To ensure proper dispensing of the phosphate into the hard water treatment system:
- Install a shut-off valve in front and behind the Scaltrol unit.
- Prevent the unit and water line from freezing.
- Install the top of the unit in a horizontal position.
Installation layouts for Scaltrol complete units
- Installation layout for SC-50 and SC-100 for commercial use
- Installation layout for SC-50 and SC-100 for residential use
- Installation layout for HSC-50 and HSC-100
- Installation layout for SC-500
Installation instructions for replacement cartridges
- Installation instructions for replacement cartridge for SC-50 and HSC-50 (RSC-50)
- Installation instructions for replacement cartridge for SC-100 and HSC-100 (RSC-100)
- Installation instructions for replacement cartridge for SC-500 (RSC-500)
Routine maintenance requires only five to ten minutes of your time. Click here for Routine Maintenance Procedures.
Installation of SC-100 in a tight space. The original blue pipe was 8″ long — not allowing enough room to install the larger model SC-100 without running lines up to create more space. A shut-off valve was added before the unit. An additional shut-off valve is recommended after the unit but was omitted here because the installation is over a concrete floor and a little water spillage when changing the filter would not be problematic.